Sunday, November 21, 2010

Allergies/Sickness during Pregnancy

Let's just say that I have had a very easy pregnancy thus far compared to some.  Don't worry, I am knocking on wood right now that it will remain that way.  However, I can report that each year, I usually get a sinus infection/allergies due to this crazy cold/hot weather we have in Tennessee this time of year.  This year is no exception, but it seems so much worse.  I am not sure if this is because I am supporting other life inside me, and I am fully confident that this little nugget is stealing my immunities and living the high life in there while I am under the weather, or if it is just because we have had such a dry spell.

Either way, I am not a happy camper right now because I feel like I  have had  a sinus infection for over a month!  I am not taking anything, but may have to breakdown and request some medicine from the doctor.  Don't get me started on all the articles out there designed to scare you about what medications are/aren't safe during pregnancy!

2 comments:

  1. I was a typical first time pregnant lady with Jude and didn't want to take anything. Then, with Jasper, I had a horrible pregnancy and dosed up on all kinds of stuff, haha! So, don't stress too much. Your doctor will tell you what's safe. Oh, and I love the name! Sorry we won't see you at Thanksgiving, but we hope to see you and your baby Bennett bump at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had these same issues! Its called a pregnancy cold! ha something about swollen membranes etc. Erik said all I ever did was blow my nose. I also got frequent nose bleeds from that

    ReplyDelete