Sunday, November 21, 2010

What's in a Name

As everyone knows, picking a name for your car, pet, or another person is a big responsibility, and a very personal choice.  Eric and I poured over countless names online, in books and magazines and finally decided on a name. 

Before I share this with you, I will go ahead and say that Eric was much more picky throughout this process, I think he was probably harder on the boy names that the girl names, and to his credit boy names are more difficult to pick out.  Boy names have to take them from boyhood to manhood, so you want to make sure they have a name that can span a lifetime. 

After hundreds of names, we decided on Bennett!  We love it!  Several people have told us they love it too, others are a little less enthusiastic, but then they come around.  I have noticed that some people instantly give you good feedback, and others just need to warm up to the idea.  Either way, no one means to come across negatively, so don't take offense if someone does not jump up and down at the idea of your name.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love it!! what is the full name?soo cute! So your moms were right! It is a boy named ben after all! ha super cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bennett is a fabulous and strong name. Great choice!

    ReplyDelete