Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Skinny on Maternity Clothes......

They are for the birds! I know that at some point I am going to have to break down and buy some, but it is not going to be this month.  I just cannot get excited about elastic waist bands, and cheap looking tops that are more expensive because they are maternity!  I will leave all of that alone for as long as I can. 

Instead, yesterday I got a bigger size pair of jeans, and a few pairs of leggings and some bella bands should be on their way to me this week.  Hopefully these items will keep me out of maternity clothes for a little while longer.  I also invested in some larger tops, because a wise mom has told me, "if you think you can still fit in your tops, don't, just don't, because once you are no longer pregnant, they will be stretched out and you will wish you had not squeezed into them." So, I am following her advice, and purchased some tops that should work for the next several weeks. 

It really sucks buying clothes that you know will only fit for a limited amount of time.  I think I just hate wasting the money.  Many of you will see me in my maternity fashions soon enough.  I have two weddings this month, so the dress situation should be interesting as my boobs are too big to fit into any of my regular dresses without stretching them out!

Don't judge me for wearing jeans/leggings and boots for the next five months, because likely that is all you will see me in.  Off to get a massage!

1 comment:

  1. ahhh! Hooray! it is fixed! I was gonna say you can come look through my maternity clothes when you get ready and borrow some!
    PS I got the table today! thanks!

    ReplyDelete